An introduction to management for the wine industry, targeted at both students and professionals. Lire la suite
The world of wine business is rapidly developing. A drink which for centuries was made and sold locally, primarily around the Mediterranean, is now produced around the world and has growing markets in places as diverse as East Asia, tropical Africa and North America. Yet despite this, no comprehensive text has been devoted to the full range of activities involved in managing the commerce of wine.
This broad-ranging book covers every aspect of the management and marketing of wine:
• It analyses the changing global context within which the wine industry operates, comprising economic and legal structures and varying attitudes to wine and the make-up of the industry.
• It considers how enterprises are best managed, including financial control, strategic planning leadership and human resources.
• It investigates the key aspects of strategic marketing, such as branding, promotion and consumer behaviour.
Of particular interest is the section which looks at four areas in which the wine business is rapidly changing: its relation to the hospitality industry, wine tourism, luxury and social media. This allows the reader to place the chapters with a more traditional management focus into the new, globalised world of wine enterprise.
The book is co-authored by some of the world's leading researchers and thinkers in the field of wine business, and includes contributions not just from Europe (including France, Italy, the UK and Cyprus) but also from North and South America and Australia.
Prix du Meilleur Ouvrage de Recherche en Management EFMD-FNEGE 2015
Mention spéciale Economy vitiviniculture by the 2015 OIV Award Jury (The International Org
I The context of the wine business
01. The world of wine
02. The economics of the world wine industry
03. Wine law: concepts, methods, issues and prospects
04. The business of wine
II Wine management
05. Patterns of innovation and change: contours in the global wine landscape
06. Strategic planning in the wine industry: from resources to niches and vice versa
07. Entrepreneurship and leadership in the wine industry
08. Wine territories: clusters, terroir and appellations
09. Finance in the wine industry
10. Managing people: human resource management in the wine industry
III Wine marketing
11. Consumer behaviour insights and wine
12. Brand management in the wine industry
13. Promotion and events in the wine business
14. Wine distribution
IV Managing in the contemporary world of wine
15. Wine, hospitality and leisure culture
16. Wine tourism
17. Luxury wine marketing
18. Conducting e-business in the wine sector